Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Almost-Instant Shelving

I love carpenter's carryalls, and snap them up whenever I find them.

I think they help me feel connected to my Grandfather, a man I never met, but who sounds like someone I would have liked to have known. I attribute my love of re-use to him. He was a very handy guy. His carryall is one of my treasured possessions. I use it to hold our flatware.

I found this lovely green one at the auction many years ago. For a long time, it held my art supplies. When we did over the kitchen earlier this year, the art supplies moved to a cupboard and I hung the carryall on the wall. As easy as that, we had two extra shelves and a hanging rod.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have one of these in our garden. It's packed with pansies and other annuals, and sits next to the Madonna. In her shadow, there is a nest of tiny hairless bunnies, whom we visit every day, to make sure they're alright.

So far, so good.

Love your blog, by the way!

Amy* said...

This looks great! I love the color and the tea cups look lovely. Now I'm on the hunt for an old tool box to display my tea cup collection.

Amy*

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

nice! very creative! ...now I need one...